Mentoring for Success
Mentoring is a skill that progressive organizations value. A leader or manager can use mentoring skills to help develop staff. Whether it is a formal mentoring program offered by the organization, or informal mentoring, the "Mentoring for Success" program provides knowledge and skills for mentoring success.
The program emphasizes the importance of building a trusting, collaborative relationship between the mentor and mentee. The program does not view mentoring in a vacuum, but instead links the mentoring to the organization and mentee's goals. Customized case studies align with the organization's culture.
- Assessing Appropriateness: Willing & Ready?
- Setting a Mentor/Mentee Agreement
- Developing Goals
- Establishing Boundaries
- Holding Effective Mentoring Meetings
- Recognizing the Mentee's Learning Style
- Building the Mentee's Confidence
- Providing Effective Feedback
- Bringing the Relationship to a Professional Conclusion
Varies Based on Client Need
Managers and Supervisors
Group Discussions, Exercises, Case Studies, Lecturettes, and Skills Inventory
< Go Back to Training Programs